Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crafting in Amalur

Do you know what's weird? I've played Amalur for 82 hours now, and not once have I crafted a weapon. I didn't know how it works, but today I tried it and it's fairly simple. I'm not a master blacksmither yet (gotta level up a few more times, or just respec my skills) but I crafted stuff today and it's interesting!

So now that I don't really need huge amounts of money anymore, instead of selling weapons, what I'm supposed to do is Salvage them so I get raw materials from them. I'm still not sure what does what, but today I made a bow!

So... bows aren't too strong in general, I just use them as a supplemental or long-range weapon. I own a ~150 damage bow, but instead I was using a 95 damage bow that poisons the enemy and has a 15% chance to lifesteal 15 life. So, once in every 6-7 hits, I'm expected to gain 15 life. My quiver holds 8 arrows and then it takes 5 seconds to recharge, so the lifesteal is fair, not too much.

I made a new bow now, and... I think it's better! Instead of 95 damage, it does 99 damage, so not really an improvement there; instead of poison damage, it does ice, so it has a chance to freeze or slow enemies, which is cool. And instead of chance to steal life, it has passive health regen, 2.5 health per second. So every 6 seconds, I will gain that 15 life like the other weapon, whether or not I'm using this weapon or not, as long as it's equipped.

So I think that's pretty cool. Time to find some chakrams, salvage them, and then craft my own chakrams, although the ones I have right now are pretty good - they do electric damage, and as well they have a 15% chance to steal 30 life. Chakrams "fire" faster than arrows so the lifesteal is pretty darn nice on it.

Anyway, that's it! I'm now going through and doing some sidequests which I haven't done before and start experimenting with crafting and using gems and whatnot. Fun fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home