Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ignorance

So yesterday, Alex did his ActSci test and passed - but later he came home and opened his mouth and I had to confront him about it - "I don't like you - you're very ignorant". Shortly after I went to bed, and the day ended on a bad note. This time, we were talking about how (in LOL) you're supposed to do bot games to learn how to use characters, and Alex agrees, but Duy and I both recall him using skills in a game, yet he doesn't read what the skills do - so how can he truly know what the skills do? I bring up the example of how with Kog'Maw's Q - if you just use it, it looks like an attack that... well, doesn't do a lot of damage. The attack speed upgrade isn't really noticeable at early levels, and similarly, you'll never guess that it causes Armor and MR reduction. Similarly, Karthus's wall noticeably slows enemies, but the 35 Armor and MR Reduction isn't noticeable at first glance.

Alex's response? He doesn't care, and he said knowing these he wouldn't play differently. So he's unwilling to learn the little things about the different skills, and if that's not ignorant, then I don't know what is. (note for the rest of this entry - sometimes I would clump "stubborn" with ignorance; after all, stubbornness is "ignorant to change").

Anyway, before that, there was a time where he was trying Kassadin for the first time. When you try new champions, well, when I try new champions, I like to try out new skills, maybe new playstyles, etc. - after all, that's what sets champions apart from other champions. Anyway, I noticed Alex was playing Kassadin and he has 3 points in Q, 3 points in E, 1 point in R, but by level 7, zero points in W. So I ask him why he doesn't have a point in W, and he just goes on and on about how it's a bad skill. I've used Kassadin before, and as I explained before, I like to try out all the skills... but here is Alex, acting all high and mighty and never putting a point into W. Alex acts all high and mighty - I've used Kassadin once, he's used him zero times, but he's supposedly already ten times smarter than I am at Kassadin. And then eventually he low-balls me by citing one of the times a Kassadin beat me with mostly just R and Q. What the fuck? So I slammed my iPod onto the table and stormed out of there. What a motherfucker.

Before that was when I was using Kogmaw, and we were comparing different playstyles, about how I would use a lot of his E to slow down groups of enemies, but Alex was having none of it - he kept trying to tell me how E was bad, and then later when I refused to step away he mentions how I'm a weird player. What an ignorant fuck, because I play guys differently than he does.

Aww fuck, I'm having a hard time writing this entry. I'm deciding now, Alex isn't playing LOL on this computer tonight. He's just making me so angry. It's not just LOL, too. I tend to put quirky cards into my Magic decks, and everytime Alex sees them he shakes his head and makes me feel like a total idiot. He's not just ignorant about trying new things, he's ignorant about other people's feelings. On a more LOL related note, back when I was learning, we would be in a team game and he would say something like "hey Duy and hey Pug, looks like we're going to have to win this fight" - basically stating that I'm sucking, when I'm sitting right next to him. What an ignorant bastard.

Anyway, back to Karthus. So, fucker, you think his Armor and MR reduction doesn't change the way it works? On a guy with no armor or MR, he takes 100/100 (or 20/20, for simplicity) damage. While walking through Karthus's wall, he would take 100/65, or 20/13. That is, he would take about 53% more damage. If he had say, 100 armor, he would take 100/200. Walking through the wall, he'll have 100/165, or 20/33. That's 60% instead of 50%, so he will take 20% more damage. So that time you were Ashe and you were doing so much damage to the enemy team? Was it luck? Was it an act of God? Was it your IE? No, it was me, Motherfucker. My wall gives our team 20-50% more damage output, meanwhile dropping their movement speed to 20%. So next time you think your guy is so awesome, think again, fucker.

It also works the other way around. You better think twice about walking through that Karthus Wall, thinking it will only slow you. All of a sudden you're taking 50% more damage from all sources around you. Let's see how long an Ashe lasts in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home