Friday, May 04, 2012

Oatmeal and Waflflfles

The other day I went to the grocery store and bought oatmeal and waffles, something we haven't bought in, maybe, 5 years. I dunno, maybe it hasn't been that long, but we used to eat a lot of instant (quaker) oatmeal, and a lot of eggo waffles. Now that I've bought them again, I'm re-enjoying some childhood favourites.

First, waffles - two waffles, open faced, maybe with butter or nutella, depending what I want to eat (nutella is delicious, but sometimes butter ontop of a cinammon waffle brings out the cinnammooon flavour so it's delicious too). Waffles are comparable to bread, but they are of course more delicious while being less filling.

Next, is two packs of Oatmeal - raisin&spice and peaches&cream - mixed together with boiling water, and then a touch of milk on top; so delicious. It's not very filling, but if you wake up late enough it should be enough to tide you over until lunch time. Also, much of the time that I get up early I don't have breakfast until a bit later anyway.

But then I remembered an old favourite of mine; rice krispies cereal, with peaches&cream oatmeal, and cold milk. It is SOOO good. This time I had vanilla rice krispies so that made it so much sweeter and very tasty. Sure brings back memories.

Anyway, I'm out of peaches&cream now, so right now I'm eating two packets of raisin&spice oatmeal. It's kinda annoying now, I think oatmeal has gone up in price, and since each box is about $3.79 and comes with 10 packets, and I use 2 packets each time I eat just oatmeal, I know that my meal costs about 80 cents, which sounds kinda high - but then again, it's just 80 cents, and it's delicious and awesome. So why not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home