Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Graffiti Kingdom - Bringing things to Life

Oh god, Graffiti Kingdom is so much fun!

At first, you tell yourself, it’s a novelty; you get to make your own guys, and then put them in the game and control them. Most of the time you might make an existing guy from another game just so you can play with them.

But then… it’s not just a novelty. Because you make a guy, you become… attached to it – you molded it and assembled it, gave it a personality of its own, and… then it comes to life! It’s a lot of fun in that respect. The game doesn’t seem too complex, and also the default character, the Bear, he’s totally awesome. I think he obsoletes my other characters, so I feel bad for using him sometimes because he’s just too omni.

Anyway, so I started playing it, and after I learned to draw, I made my first “accident”. My first creation was a mistake, but it’s still in my game, do you know why? Because I made it, and now it feels special to me. Anyway, in case you’re wondering, I tried to make a copy of my sidekick, Pastel. While I was drawing it, I was hoping “Oh god, I hope I don’t mix up the head and the tail.”

Turns out I mixed up more than that. Now my guy walks sideways. Yes. The side of the body is actually the front of the character, so my dog just runs sideways all the time, and he attacks to his side. It’s such a mistake, but it’s so memorable so I keep it with me.

What a great game.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ambrose said...

A dog that walks sideways? Sounds like something I'd make on purpose.

I would get that game, but seeing that you all have copies of it anyway, maybe I'll just hold out and wait for the price drop, and in the mean time I can doodle chars on your copies, heh heh heh.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I would make a sideways character or upside down or whatever for sure, but not as my first character :P

10:26 AM  
Blogger Silph said...

Can you post pictures of your creations?

And what, you disallowed anonymous comments??

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't really disallow anonymous comments, I think it's defaultly like that. maybe I'll go change that now..

Hmm... I will need a vcr to post pics, because for some reason the PS2 doesn't like to plug into my TV tuner, but yeah.... eventually I can post pics and videos of the stuff I make.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i post as anonymous? work damn you! jia commands it!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it worked..wonderous =p

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home