Wednesday, September 07, 2005

If at first you fail miserably...

Today I was supposed to head down to Waterloo with Duy and Alan, clean stuff up, move stuff around in the house, let Loren in… but unfortunately, Alan and his two parents didn’t have enough room for me in the van, so I was left here in ‘Sauga. Being just myself and my sis at home, I decided to spend my free time doing something more productive.

So I open up a 3dsmax book I bought a few years ago. A few minutes and half a page later, I was done with the book. The book was useless. Maybe it’s because it’s aimed at experts. Maybe it’s because I started at chapter 7. Either way, the book wasn’t helping me one way or another. So I gave up.

Back then when I gave books a chance, I bought two. Now I’m back home, and I’m going to try the other book, which is definitely easier to understand. I remember trying it out back when I had 3D studio max 3; the book was aimed for Studio Max 4, so I had a really hard time looking for tools and features not found in max 3.

Now? I have max 6. I hope this will be a pleasant experience.


The portions were small, proportioned in craftfully divergent and complementary sensations, decorated like little dollops of sculpture. I struggled not to lick my plate, and settled instead for licking my fingers. I looked up to see Pish and Duncan watching me. "What did you think of that, Mr. Fell?" rumbled Duncan.
I licked my lips and closed my eyes. "I think I shall spend my entire life in debt to you for what you have given me tonight, no matter what I do."
Duncan's furry face split into a wide grin. "That's what food is for. Mere nutrition is for squirrels."
"I feel like I have a new religion," I told him.
"I'm glad to do it for you, Mr. Fell." He stood up and wiped his hands on his pants. "Lest I forget how," he added cryptically, collecting the plates and disappearing into the kitchen.
"My dad is the best chef in the galaxy," Pish told me.
"That is obvious to me," I agreed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home