Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children



FF7 Advent Children is good. Really good.

Okay, it’ll be cliché for me to say “It’s the best movie EVARR!!” so I won’t. But it is pretty good. And it’ll be mean for me to just try and critique the whole movie, but… it has to be done, doesn’t it?

Graphics: Amazing. Square has done it again – while the characters may not look ultra-realistic, they’re very nicely done. They sorta do look like real people, but you can tell they’re not real. I don’t think Square was aiming at that, since it is in a fantasy world – as long as they don’t look cartoony.

Music: Sweeet. It’s always nice to hear FF7 tracks remixed or different – so now we have to get the OST. And by get, I mean download, when it’s available.

The story’s not too bad. Some parts don’t make sense, and it might require a second viewing, but that’s okay. Also, physics are all off, this being a fantasy world and all. There’s a lot of action in this movie. Maybe too much action.

Action is one of those things 3D is good at. With all the fast moving cameras, erratic movements, a lot of flying objects – that’s something 3D excels at, that real life or regular 2d animation may have a harder time expressing. So, because Square was using a 3D medium, they used it well to show what 3D does easier than non-3D – as I said, the action scenes. So there’s a lot of action.

Effects are nice. It would be again cliché to use the term “Matrix-like”, because it’s not really Matrix-like, it’s just “slow-motion”, which is nicely done.

Would it be cliché to say it’s my favourite anime? Well, it’s not; it’s not even anime, but it would almost go in the anime section, or the anime movie section. If that’s the case, it’s pretty high in the anime-movie section. It’s good.

There’s only one part I didn’t like. That’s the last 10 minutes of the movie – the ending credits. Sure, the music of the first part was good, but I think they copped out – they should’ve showed more scenes of the story. The “floating letters” felt out of place and didn’t have anything to do with FF7. Then the second part of the ending credits… also felt out of place. I’m not sure what that part was about. I guess it was a “just for fun” bit that Square put in.

Vincent’s so awesome. Tifa was pretty awesome too. I liked how everyone had a part in it. Even the dead ones had some cameos in flashbacks or whatnot.

=-=-=
In other news, yesterday, in SW:KOTOR, I fed Rancor the cheapest, most cowardly death ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theomnifish said...

I really FF7AC too! I need to see it again! Hehe.

11:17 PM  
Blogger transcendent said...

It would've been nice if FF7AC had more than just action scenes, but those action scenes are pretty awesome!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FF7 is your god! you will bow down to it or eat horrible screaming pain!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home