Friday, March 07, 2008

Food and RockBand

Last time I blogged about Rockband, the time before that about food. Before I mentioned how "Simpsons" "made me" never go to Arby's... I thought about it, and I know there's one food I don't eat in restaurants anymore. I still eat chicken nuggets and chicken fingers sometimes... but I never order fish and chips anymore. Maybe I just don't care to buy that stuff, maybe it's something that Vinh eats all the time so I don't want to buy that.

In RockBand news... heh. I got stuck on some songs for drumming, so for fun, I had Vinh come by and have him operate the bass pedal while I concentrate on the hand part... and we win songs with that! It's so cheating, like keytarring, but it's funny and... I think it's something we'll have to resort to during the EELS. Vinh's good with the bass pedal, I'm pretty good with the drums, so it works out well. yay. haha.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shaiandra said...

I think we're better off having Vinh play Expert Guitar than hitting your bass pedal... =p

12:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you really think so? Have you seen me play expert guitar? I can do 62/64 songs, so guitar isn't exactly hard.

And if Vinh is hitting the bass pedal, then the drumming part is kinda like medium, so a medium drummer should be able to beat those songs.

Otherwise, if Vinh's on expert and nobody's on bass pedal, we'll have to do songs over and over and we'll probably get stuck around half-way.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Shaiandra said...

Given you said "Vinh's good with the bass pedal, I'm pretty good with the drums, so it works out well," I assumed you'd be the one drumming. If you're not, then sure, you can cover expert guitar, and some other combination (possibly including Vinh) can cover drums + bass pedal.

Given our options though (i.e. the people we know that can do expert drums, the people we know that can do expert guitar), I would think you being the main drummer would work best, with Vinh on guitar and someone else on the bass pedal if needed. I'd imagine bass pedal alone would be easier than either of the other parts...

Of course, you can mix it up as you probably won't want to play the same instrument for 58 songs, but I would imagine that having our best two guitarists both playing drums would not be the best idea. =P

And also, songs that you can't finish solo might be more doable in co-op.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ambrose said...

Alan can do bass pedal.

And if I only had to hit notes and no bass pedal, might be able to do that.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home