Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm thinking Arby's

I have almost never been to an Arby's restaurant. Maybe it's their sauceless meat sandwiches, with nothing but meat and bread. Maybe there aren't that many Arby's restaurants. Maybe whenever there's an Arby's in a food court, there's something better there too. But I think the main reason might be a subconscious one. I think when that girl from Simpsons said "I'm so hungry, I can eat at Arby's", I think from then on, I deemed Arby's as an inferior restaurant. I think from then on (which was a looong time ago), I have not wanted to go to Arby restaurants.

And back to the first point, their sauceless sandwiches do actually look pretty boring, those 2 for $4 or 3 for $5 sandwiches. I think in the new commercials they have some really sauce-ful sandwiches, maybe if I find an Arby's restaurant I will try it, but I somehow doubt it. That said, I did go to an Arby's restaurant once, in a food court, probably in the US. I had some deluxe chicken sandwich with fried chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and maybe bacon. It was a bit expensive, of course, being a deluxe burger, but it was wondrous. So it wasn't of the usual fare that you see on TV, of those sandwiches with just meats in them, but instead it was a deluxe chicken burger. It was pretty good.

Maybe next time I see an Arby's I shall try it out...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ambrose said...

Didn't we eat at the Arby's in the T&T plaza once with Jia?

It was like...$7 for 4 choices among like, 8 things (burgers, fries, drinks, etc)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that sounds familiar... but I don't think we ate there... hmm...

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arby's actually isn't that bad, they have some burgers that do actually have a decent amount of sauce on them, and they are pretty flavourful. They also have have awesome curly fries! We should go eat at the one near T&T sometime

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home