Friday, January 25, 2008

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

This is an extension of something I was writing about on my other blog on Friday, January 25th, 2008. Here is the youtube video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYD_-A_X5E

I love this video so much. It makes me so happy when I watch it.

Why? Well... it's cool. First of all, it's cool, it looks genuinely hard to do, so I respect the two girls that are doing it. If you watch related videos, there are other similar videos, maybe not with people dancing but with people writing stuff on their hands, but overall this dancing one is probably one of the best.

They are robots, that are girls, that are dancing. How awesome is that? I could imagine, if it was a pair of guys, no robot heads, I could imagine me not liking it. I could imagine if it was two girls, no robot heads, it still wouldn't be as special as this. These are two humans, that are like robots. It's almost as if they are scripted to dance like that, as the words go on in the song, but of course we know they had to work hard to do it.

Part of the charm is that we know they are humans. During the part in the beginning, or in the very middle, when they are relaxing, you can see they are humans having fun. They act like robots, but during the intermission part, you can see them doing the robot and doing a fun dance, and when they do the "high five", that's pretty human like. You can imagine them laughing inside, it's amazing.

The female body is also nice to look at and see it move. An additional charm is that it's women doing it, and we all believe that guys are the crazier people on youtube, so it's a nice change. Anyway, back to the movement... I think my favourite part, the part that makes me think this is the coolest thing, is around 2:20-2:26, when the girl on the left is moving so fluidly, and her body curves like only a woman can curve... and I love the part around 2:25, when she does the transition through "More Than" so fluidly without stopping, as if she's actually dancing with free form. It's so beautiful.

That's probably my favourite part. My second favourite part is the beginning when the lady on the left does "Stronger" for the first time and she plays around with it. Anyway, I really like this video. It makes me so happy, seeing the robot girls dance. Music is good too. Catchy.

On another note, I had two stressful dreams this morning! (or do they say last night? or yesterday? hmm) . One was about this music video. I woke up to show Duy the music video from my favourites, but it turned out to be some American version - like this daft punk thing was the Canadian version, and this American version was totally different, it had a panel of judges and they played a totally different song. It was a nightmare trying to find this beautiful video to show you guys, and eventually I found it somehow.

Another dream (same night) dealt with this weekend... so originally we were going to go to Truffles with Ambrose et al, but then we are going on this skiing trip instead. So in my dream, apparently me, Duy, Ray, and Geoff (the same 4 for the China trip, Ambrose was involved in this part too) apparently we planned a week-long trip to Edmonton, and our flight was on Sunday, January 27th, so it was all mixed up because we're going on this skiing trip, so... that totally messed up our schedule.

It kinda reminded me of the time for the China trip, where we started planning the trip a few months before the date, but we didn't actually make rock-solid decisions until near the end. It felt like this, it's like we forgot about the Edmonton trip so we didn't really plan for it properly.

And... that's that.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TheIntelligentAdvisor said...

Yes, learn2plan = good. I still don't know why it's that difficult...Geoff could tell me in 15 seconds whether or not he'd be free at a certain date/time with 100% certainty.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home