Friday, September 28, 2007

Xbox 360 router problems, pls help!

Okay, I'm writing this down here so that I can point people to it instead of having to write in msn the problem over and over again.

So anyway, I seem to have a problem with my router so I can’t access certain things on xbox live. I can play in random matches, but I couldn’t connect to you because my NAT setting was apparently set to Moderate, instead of “Open”. I tried to access my router and I can’t find the setting: The only NAT related setting I found was “enabled” or “disabled”, which I don’t think is the answer.

I’ve been looking at this thread on the Linksys forums about Xbox360 Nat problems, here:

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&thread.id=44800&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

It sounds pretty helpful, unfortunately I’m not at home right now so I can’t do any of the testing right now. I don’t know about all of these things about Port Forwarding, TCP, UDP, DMZ, or uPnP, but I’ll probably find out later. Another concern I have is with the Xbox Live Router Compatibility list, found here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

My router, the Linksys WRT300N v1.1 is not on there, so I’m a little bit concerned. I’ve read a few replies in that thread above where users went and bought new routers and then it worked fine, which I might have to do, I’m not sure.

I will go home tonight and try different variations of solutions, with uPnP, DMZ, etc… although I have no idea what it means, heh. But if you have any suggestions or if you think you can solve the problem, let me know, thanks.

Cheers,

- Bao

So there ya have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home