Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One Bone too many

Okay, I can't stop talking about this, so I'll blog about it.

So our German guest, Jan, was sitting in the kitchen, and we bring in some Popeyes Chicken, and I ask him, "Do you want a piece of fried chicken?" and he says yes. So I open the box, he looks in, and says, "nah, nevermind. Too many bones."

WTH? So I tell him, "... it's just ONE bone."

And he says "yeah. One bone too many."

What the hell? I can't wrap my head around this, it's like the weirdest thing I've ever heard - weirdest plausible thing. I'm not talking about "yesterday I saw a three headed pig flying across the sky" weird, but this is REAL LIFE, and sentence sentence over over.

But wow, that is so weird. He then tells me it's because he's lazy... I don't even know what that means. It's chicken, and it's one BONE! It's barely a bone in the sense of a bone, too. Like, fishbones suck, they are tiny and numerous and they're all over the good parts of what you want to eat. Chicken thighs are a biit annoying too. But a chicken drumstick bone? It's like, the toothpick that holds a sandwich together. A chicken drumstick wouldn't be a chicken drumstick without the bone. It's like eating ribs without the bone... it's just MEAT, lying there.

AHHHH!!!! *goes crazy*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home