Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Scrabulous

I’m still Scrabulous!

Who knew I loved scrabble so much? Anyway, you’re probably here from the other blog, so hooray, you like scrabble, or you’re curious to see how Bao has gone crazy by analyzing this game or something something.

To be honest, I’m not sure what I want to write about. I screenshotted a few pictures, so we’ll start with that.

Here are a few recent games I’ve had, and a chart showing the progress of the game. The first game was with Alfie, which he won, and most games should look like this. Both scores are pretty even throughout, but in the end, Alfie got a few good words in and won.




I love it when you put words beside other words, or you somehow create a big box of letters that actually form real words.

Anyway, the following game was with a random person on facebook, I think she was in her late 30s or mid 40s or even later, maybe even a grandmother… not sure if these people can or do get facebook… anyway, this lady apparently wasn’t playing competitively… she just put down a few words here and there, forming words, while I’m trying to maximize my points. This is an extreme example of what can happen in a game, but sometimes I do it to other people, and sometimes they do it to me.




And lastly, for now, here’s a game I’m having with Andrew Paton. I like the line chart for this – after the third word, I’ve amassed a great 36 points, while Andrew has a measly 171. I thought I was a goner for sure, but later on I too get two bingos (very nicely placed too – I had to create a few double-letter words to get them!) and I’m now catching up, but unfortunately it’s too late for me.




Anyway, I guess I can post a screenshot of each game and their charts, but why? Anyway, I’m really enjoying scrabble. When I play scrabble, I usually have dictionary.com open in another tab… I don’t think that’s cheating. I usually type in words that sound like they exist, and if they don’t, dictionary.com suggests other words that might sound like the word I want to make, and every now and then it suggests something I could use. For example (this is fake), I might type in MUGEPLANAR and that doesn’t exist, but maybe GENUPLAMAR does, which would work for me, yay.

I don’t use an anagram thingy on the web, which is definitely more cheaty-ish.

Anyway… I love scrabble. Speaking of which, we still haven’t opened our new Spanish scrabble board. We should organize a game and do that…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home