Friday, February 15, 2008

Puff Puff!

Yay, I finally got my shotgun of choice in Call of Duty 4. First I thought it was level 21, but when I got to level 20 I checked again and it was 31, so.. yeah. But now I have it, and yay! It's the shotgun that I used during the last level of the single player campaign, and I loved it. I call it (the) Puff Puff - it's a fast firing shotgun, maybe 2 shots per second with almost no recoil, compared to a regular shotgun, which is, what, 1 shot every 1.5 seconds with a lot of recoil? So yeah, the Puff Puff is really strong. Sure, the magazine only holds 4 shots before you have to reload, but if you're a good shotgun player it's not a huge problem.

Why Puff Puff? You walk into a room, you shoot 1 or 2 bullets, and you kill someone. You're a few feet away from a guy and you just walk up to him and "Puff Puff!" And he falls down. I think of it less of a shotgun, but more like... those ZSU-23 anti-air guns that the Allies have in Red Alert. They fire rapidly, and when they fire they emit puffs of black smoke, and they make puff puff noises too, but they're strong as hell.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the shotgun, a lot! Unfortunately, as you probably are aware, it's only good in short range. In most levels, it's better if I use an assault rifle or light machine gun... I think I can main a shotgun and pick up some weapon dropped by other people, and it seems to be working sometimes... but I should probably be smarter and just main an assaultrifle/LMG for those kinds of levels and just main the shotgun for several smaller levels. But once I reach level 37 I can main both! heehee. Not sure if I will though, it'll reduce the number of fun perks I can have... but we'll see.

Other GameTypes

What am I, an instruction booklet? Why am I writing about different gametypes? Well, lately I don't read instruction booklets anymore, and instruction booklets don't really have too many opinions. So of course there are other gametypes than just Team Deathmatch, which we've been playing mostly. Different gametypes give you different kinds of experience (exp points).

For example, in Team Deathmatch, when you kill someone, you get 10 exp (and it counts toward your team total, since the limit rules are 750 points / 10 minutes). In Headquarters, the main objective is to secure or destroy a certain target, so your whole team gets points as long as your team secures the target, and those points count toward your experience too. Since your main objective is not to kill other guys, you only get 5 exp for killing someone, and those 5exp do not count toward your team-winning points, but you do get exp for it.

In Secure and Destroy, when you die you don't respawn - but when you kill someone, you get 50 exp instead of 5 or 10, which is quite sweet. I like S&D, players seem to play more... realistic then. More cowardly you might say, or more sneaky. I think when you play S&D you learn to play better, since you only have one life and you are handsomely rewarded when you take away someone else's "one life". hehe. (once again, I don't think I'll main shotgun in S&D).

Classes

So you can create custom classes so you have multiple to choose from. For Team Deathmatch, for now I'm switching between a shotgun class and some assault rifle class which I haven't fully leveled up yet. As for my perks, for my assault rifle class I have 3x special grenade, juggernaut (more health), and usually last stand (pull out pistol before you die). For shotgun, I'm still starting out, but I have 3x special grenade, stopping power (strong bullets; obviously, shotgun depends on killing the other guy before he kills you)... and my 3rd perk... right now I'm trying better non-targetting accuracy, so I can puff puff without aiming. Or I might have martyrdom (drop a live grenade upon death), since I'm close to people all the time anyway.

For Headquarters... I haven't puff puffed here yet, but I will probably have the same thing as in deathmatch, but more likely to drop live grenades upon death since it works nicely in this mode. I also like the 3 special grenades in HQ since I use them a lot. When I reach level 41 and I unlock 3 frag grenades, would I use that in HQ? Not sure. I'll probably use it in Deathmatch and S&D, but I'm not so sure about HQ yet. In S&D (the 1 life only game), I main either assault rifle or sniper, and I'm a fan of extreme conditioning, which lets you run longer - this lets me be sneaky and run to people to knife them. Shooting them from a far you might miss, but if you can sneak up to him (by running to catch up to him) and knifing him, well, there's that 50 points, and that's nice. Something like dropping a grenade or pulling out pistol on death... nah, since you only get to do it once, I don't really think this is all too useful. It could be very epic, but nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home