Friday, October 28, 2005

My Get Poor Slow Scheme

Okay, in the other blog, I said I started playing small-stakes online poker again, and I don't really care if I lose the money, but at the same time I'd like to see my game improve, so I'm keeping track, and here's my progress so far:



Okay, the dark blue line in the middle is my actual poker winnings and losses.

The pink, always non-decreasing line at the top is my peak performance line. On some days, I might reach $5 in winnings, and then I play one more game and I lose that one. So perhaps my peak would be $5 that day, and my actual is $4. If I stopped one game earlier, my peak would be my actual. Similarly, if I only have losses in one day, the peak would be $0, as if I didn’t play at all that day.

Naturally, the actual can’t ever rise faster than the peak, so the peak is a non-decreasing line, and the distance between actual and peak will never shrink.

Similarly, the sky blue line at the bottom is the lowest of the day, thus it is always non-positive. And opposite like the pink, it is always non-increasing, and the distance between actual and low will never shrink.

Then there’s the teal line. Every poker game I play gets me a bonus point whether I win or lose, which can later be converted to cash. The teal line is an estimate or average of two games per day, which is 2 points, which converts to 20 cents. So for example, at day 17, after playing for averagely 32 games, even though my actual says $0 win/loss, I’ve made 32 bonus points which will later become, theoretically, a profit of $3.20.

So the teal line makes me feel better than the actual line. So with analysis:

At best, I'm making approximately $8 per week.
At worst, I'm losing approximately $8 per week.
At actual, I'm making about 16 cents a week. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home