Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Secret Pet Peeve: People knowing what I'm doing

Here's another thing that I don't like, that I don't think I've written about before. I don't like it when people know what I'm doing. What I just said was quite vague, so I'll clarify with two examples.

I don't like it when people see me blogging. I'd love for them to see the end result, but I really don't like it when people are watching me type, before the end product is done. It's kinda like, they're watching more than they should be, or they're learning more about me than the blog post is supposed to teach them. And sometimes they might read an incomplete work with errors, and they might judge it in that state, rather than the completed, error-free finished post.

Another weird thing I don't like is, having people infer some kind of... ack, I'll just tell the example. I like to take haircuts on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. People would see me Friday daytime, and then I would get a haircut, and on Monday they might forget that my hair was longer, or they just comment that I have a nice haircut, and they'll know that I got a haircut this weekend.

However, I don't like taking a haircut in the middle of the week - so say if I go to work on Tuesday, and then I get a haircut and then I come back to work on Wednesday, people would infer that "bao got a haircut yesterday/tuesday", and for some reason I don't like that. I don't like people knowing that what I did last night - it feels like an invasion of privacy, although in reality it's really not.

So them knowing that I got a haircut during the weekend was fine, but them knowing that I got a haircut "last night" is not fine, because it feels like it should be private info. I dunno, I'm weird like that.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is unusual (the haircut thing). And actually, I think many people like myself are the opposite! (ie we like people saying "oh, I see you did Such-and-Such yesterday!".

I think you're in the majority about the people-watching-you-while-you're-in-process of making something, though.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home