Monday, February 19, 2007

Guitar Hero and the Feeling of Accomplishment

Okay, so a while ago we got Guitar Hero, and us as a group played it casually for an afternoon. Later, I started the career mode on Guitar Hero 2 (to unlock songs and items), and eventually beat it on Medium difficulty. Then I started practicing songs I liked, because it was fun. Turns out, many of the songs that I like were on level 8, the last level of the game, which usually also meant the most difficult (there are 8 levels, each level has 5 songs). So I practiced those a lot, and I’ve listened to most of them a lot, and… it was fun.

So, eventually I start career modes in Hard and Expert. Expert’s reaallllly hard, so we’ll talk about hard mode. Wow, hard mode was hard (duh). But boy, it sure was fun. I beat it a few minutes ago, and what a ride it was. The first 2 levels were tough, but then levels 3-6 were pretty easy. Level 7 brought the pain back.

Boy, it feels like such an accomplishment when you finally finish a song that’s been kicking your ass for so long. Also, it’s really satisfying to beat a song when you were pretty much ‘in the red’ for a lot of the song. Lastly, star power is awesome. Seriously, obtaining star power and then unleashing it at the right time is like a 2nd life. Wasting star power feels like losing a life…

Anyway, so after beating level 7, almost all of level 8 was a breeze, since most of them were my favourite songs! It felt like I was back in home territory, on familiar ground, with my favourite songs. But also it was the grand finale of an epic Journey. I even bought a new ‘skin’ for my guitar, made my guitar feel special, haha. It felt like such a happy moment.

One song kicked my butt though, so I practiced that part and then I won. And the last song, the ‘special’ song… I beat it on the first try, but wow, that was an epic battle. So I finished hard mode. Now on to tackle the next beast… Expert.

No, level 8 on expert will NOT be nice to me…

(On another note, 2nd guitar should be here tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home