Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Poker Salary

I’m out of apple pie… oh well. I liked yesterday’s entry, it felt nice.

Anyway, since you’re allll so interested in poker, here’s another update.



I’ve excluded the other lines; the peak is hovering above $120, the low is below -$50, and now the teal line would be $6 above the actual line. It’s still interesting to see those lines, especially on days where the peak is maybe $10, actual is $3, and low is -$20; you have to wonder what happened on that day.

So I’ve been playing poker for about a month now, and I’m doing very well, at least for someone who isn’t super concerned about it. I did keep saying that I wouldn’t mind if I lost a lot, but it would still suck if I did. So after thinking about it, I came up with a semi-fuzzy-clear goal. My goal is:

To make a pretty chart.

I think this way I would be happy. It’s a little ambiguous, but for example: Let’s say I just made $15, so there is an upward rise in the chart. The next day, how would the chart be prettier? Well, this is kinda weird, but any option is valid. After a rise, a regular chart would see a fall, preferably somewhere between $8 and $20. If it flattens out, it won’t be as pretty as a fall; but then a re-rise would be great.

After a fall, what’s good? Well, definitely a rise, of an equal amount of the fall, or maybe a rise over the spread of two days, or a rise, double the size of the fall. I’m sure I’ve lost all of you reading this, I’ve also lost myself. But, if I tell myself the graph would become pretty even if I lose $7, then I wouldn’t be so worried about coming into a game with $7.

Anyway, here’s another chart, with another innate, long term goal.



This is my salary chart. If poker was a job, I would be making $2.45 per day. My long term goal is to multiply this by 50, so I can make $100 a day :P

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

professional poker seems valid enough. I wouldn't mind winning a few million...

10:52 PM  
Blogger Theomnifish said...

Yup, at this rate, it's still better than being a professional Magic player.

Although, I probably would have more fun playing Magic.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home