Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spring Cleaning

So yesterday I started some spring cleaning, despite it being October... well, I was actually looking for some pieces of paper from the past, whatever. So of course, as all stories go, when you go digging in your past, things... come up. I'm not done looking through old boxes yet, but so far I've found:

$187 dollars, also about $30 USD - Most of the Canadian money was in those red New-Year Envelopes - so that was weird. Maybe I was saving the money for a rainy day or something. Part of me thinks I'm hiding money from me so that when I do find it, I'm really happy. I guess it's working!

Also, I found two collectible card games - a Ninja Turtles card game - I have like, 20 boosters of that. I don't think I've ever opened one. Also, I found a card game called RIFTS - so I searched about it online and apparently the company that made the game went out of business shortly after creating the game. Apparently the game is rare now and hard to find, but I checked ebay and amazon.com and you can still buy it for relatively cheap, so nope, it's not a collector's item or anything. I have like 6 "starter" decks or something, maybe I'll open one later and maybe it will be amazingly pretty or something.

Another notable thing I found was... well, when I first started University, I first got my credit card, and let's just say I spent money on some... questionable things. Not THAT questionable, but long story short, I think I wanted to make Vinh happy, so I went on E-bay and checked out rare pokemon cards. Mind you, I didn't know much about Pokemon cards... but long story short, I ended up buying a few. That was in like, 2000-2003.

Apparently, I think I was maybe, ashamed that I bought them? Imagine not knowing anything about pokemon, and then buying a "rare and shiny" Charizard online for $20. It's E-bay, so maybe it was an awesome deal? So you buy it, but then you find out that it's only worth $25, but you thought it would be worth $60 or something. So let's say I was ashamed that I bought them, so I guess I kept them instead of giving them to Vinh.

Well, now it's 2012, and I'm looking through my old stuff and I find these cards, which I now give to Vinh - shiny charizards, shiny mewtwos, etc - I'm not sure how much he knows about these cards nowadays, but maybe they're worth stuff. So here's hoping!

Anyway, I'm not done looking through my old stuff yet, so who knows, maybe there's more to find. Happy Hunting! (to me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home