Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Nature of Updates

Happy Chinese/Vietnamese etc New Year!

Anyway, so I was just on Wen’s blog and he ended his entry with something about other bloggers, and I too pondered about some blogging things about a week ago, and that is the nature of updates.

So this is how it is – we’re always asking Duy, or Alan, or Ambrose or etc to update more. Why? Is it because I want to know what they’ve been up to, or what they’re thinking? A bit of that, but truthfully, at least for me, it’s just so I can read something new.

I like new stuff. New stuff means new stimuli and new thoughts and everything; doesn’t mean better. For example, the first 100 Strong Bad E-mails are great, and any newer ones can’t usually compare to the originals; yet, we still thrive for newer ones, so we can keep seeing something new. Same with CSI – it’s always the same thing, but different cases means slightly different things.

Of course, on the Internet, there’s no shortage of new things to read. If I wanted to, I can check out thousands of blogs every day and read something new, but it’s totally not as interesting because it’s harder to relate to, and also, I don’t usually leave comments on people’s blogs that I don’t know.

The other part of updating is minimal – I talk to Alan frequently, and I always see what Duy’s doing at home. I know what they’re doing, but maybe not what they’re thinking, but sometimes that doesn’t matter. Technically, I just want to see something new to read, some new stimuli from friends.

I think that’s why we encourage people to update their blogs. Of course, there are some things better said in blogs than over e-mails or msns or real life, so that’s another good reason why people should blog, if they have something like that to communicate to everyone…

Anyway, I’m out of things to say, and now I’m just rambling. Happy New Year everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home