Friday, December 15, 2006

$90USD down the hole

Okay, so at the end of April, I got World of Warcraft so I can experience the terror that has captured all of my friends. I figured I should give it a chance… and I also wanted to be lured by the temptation. So I tried it out.

They give you one month-free to play, but for that you have to still pay for one month. So on the subscription page, they ask you if you want to pay for 1 month ($14.99), 3 months (something less, like $14/mth), or 6 months ($13/mth). So I subscribe for a month.

So, fast forward to about 1.9 months later – I didn’t like the game, so I logged in for one last time, gained a level, and then stopped playing.

Fast forward to a few days ago – I check my credit card statement, and notice that Blizzard was charging me twice – once for Duy’s account, and one more time after that. I ask Duy, and he doesn’t know what it’s about, and then… uh oh.

Turns out they were charging me since May. And I didn’t notice it before. I check my credit card statements, of course, but I just didn’t notice it. It’s like, I look for the Blizzard statement (so that eventually I can get Duy to pay me back lotsamoney), and then I don’t look for another because I’m not expecting it.

And it’s kinda weird, because on other statements, one of the earlier charges would be Blizzard, and then the other Blizzard charge would apparently appear near the bottom. Until recently, when both Blizzard charges were pretty much next to each other, which is when I noticed.

So, I e-mail Blizzard to see if there’s any refund I can get, or if I can, somehow, transfer my payments to Duy, so that he gets the next 6 months free or something. Of course, like most things, I can’t get a refund, so I was down $90 USD.

So that sucks. First, it sucks since I didn’t notice it, and somehow I don’t think Blizzard made it clear that I would continue to be charged. The payment was for ONE-MONTH, which basically means I should pay for ONE-MONTH, right? But no, it’s recurring, like most things, which I should’ve noticed.

But the thing that also bugs me is that on the account page, it says I last logged in at the end of June. So both I and Blizzard knows that I haven’t used my account for 6 months, so when Blizzard told me they don’t give refunds, they basically said “you just wasted $90 USD”. Like, they know I wasted $90.

Argh. I told myself if I got this refund, then it’s like… well, no, but it’s kinda like getting money back that I “shouldn’t” get back, because I expected that they wouldn’t give me a refund. So if I got it back, it’ll be like a bonus – then I would’ve bought Bookworm Adventures. Hahaha. I was so looking forward to getting the refund so I can get BWA. But alas… I can’t. So now I want BWA though… but… it’s… money…

1 Comments:

Blogger Theomnifish said...

That's too bad sir. But well, at least you didn't forget to forward your credit card bills from your first year residence, and then end up with bad credit a few years later. :P

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home