Wednesday, November 15, 2006

RWP #1 and music sources

Hi. The RWP #1 has created such a buzz and it has so many fans now. Wow. A 3-day random project to create that much… awesomeness is… well, awesome. I’m not sure when #2 is coming out, but it’s not this weekend – and I’m not sure what it will be about, or if I’m going to plan before hand what it should be about… but we’ll see. Just for reference, I’ll post the link here too:

http://www.baomon.com/blog/RWP1.html

Anyway, David asks where I got the music from. Well, I got it from Youtube, and so this brings us to this blog post. I mentioned some of these videos before, but didn’t link to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B26asyGKDo

The first video is by Noah Kalina, a photographer from New York. This is the first video I saw from this “trend”, and it’s… not bad. The guy takes a picture of himself everyday for 6 years, and has compiled it into this video. The video is about 6 minutes long. I urge you to take a look – but you don’t have to watch the whole thing. A minute or two should be enough. Music’s pretty good though. I posted a link to the music on my other blog.

The second video contains the song which I used, which I just found out is the

Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini

This video is two minutes long, although, once again, you can probably get the effect in about 30 seconds. But the song is so good you just want to watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnVtoifKFzo

Note there are tens or hundreds of other parodies just like this one, except this one has the good music. And it’s pretty funny compared to the other ones. So I give this one special honours, for being funnier and having better music than the other parodies.

Lastly, if you go to Noah’s website, he has a FAQ on about why he’s doing this, and from there there’s another link to another video. Noah’s video is 6 minutes long encompassing 6 years; John’s video below is 2 minutes long, encompassing 8 years, so it’s 4 times as fast. Also John actually changes. Noah just gets a bit older, but John, he lets his hair grow long, gets a moustache, shaves his head, changes his glasses all the time- it’s amazingly hypnotic to watch. I strongly urge you to watch this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_PU3D3QNE

Lastly, I found one more video, 3 minutes long, 3 years, of a woman’s life. It’s not especially good compared to the others, but I’ll reference it here anyway.

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/me

And that’s where the music comes from. Maybe I should do these too – but maybe with Vinh. That’d be interesting cuz he’s still young, heh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, but the question is will you still maintain interest in the project over 6 years? (or even 6 weeks...?)

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm... maybe if I reduce it to a picture every week, for X years... or a picture every 3 days, or something, so it's not as hectic as once a day. I think it's doable.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home