Tuesday, October 17, 2006

VGMQ and Some Puzzle Thing

For some reason, a few weeks ago I found myself back on Gamefaqs, on Board 8, which is the most frequented message board on Gamefaqs, also the most random. It’s actually the contest message board, but because so many people look at it, it’s become a breeding ground for all sorts of posts. Most of it is garbage, but every now and then there are some good links. Today I’ll share two.

http://vgmq.garoux.net/ - Video Game Music Quiz

This is a site owned by a guy, and he hosts about 300 short, ~20-40 second music clips from videogames, ranging from Pacman to Halo… or, you get the idea. I guess you could call it an ongoing contest, where you sign up and guess songs as you like and get points. I have about 140 points right now. How many can you get?

http://shygypsy.com/ - A site with 2 puzzles

This site has two puzzles – a big farm puzzle and a crappy little word puzzle. The farm puzzle isn’t the easiest, and it’s meant to be a team game. One person can’t do it by him or herself. I’d help, but being with the gamefaqs group I already know so much of the puzzle that… well, I can give some hints here and there.

So try the farm puzzle. If you need help, check the hints. If you need a little boost, start with the words “COW” and “CHICKEN”.

Then there’s the other puzzle. I’ll give you the first two things – The answer to the first thing is “b” – you can find it in the source code. Then it will give you another word that starts with “b” – in this case, “bee”. The next answer is “sea” or “see”, because it rhymes with “bee” and it’s the letter C. Next you need something to do with the letter D, then E, and so on. I’ve gotten to J, thanks to a bit of help… but I’m stuck.

It’s a crappy game and you just need help to finish it, heh, or be very smart about it.

Anyway, enjoy these puzzles, whoever still reads this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home