Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Too much time for all that TV

Now I have to decide what I want to watch on TV. The choices are:
- Heroes - The Nine - House - Lost - Standoff
- Vanished - Kidnapped - Smith - Battlestar Galactica
- Criminal Minds - Shark
- CSI - CSI: Miami - CSI: New York
etc...

I've seen Heroes season premiere, and then I taped episode 2 and episode 3 but haven't had the time to see them yet. It could be a good show, could be bad, could be cliche and regular. I'm not sure yet. I will TRY to watch episodes 2 and 3 which I taped, but if I can't, it probably means I don't have time to watch the rest of the series.

I saw The Nin9 season premiere and episode 2, and it could be very interesting. What happens is that there's a hostage situation in a bank with 9 people, and then it fast forwards to 52 hours later, where one has died and the other 8 come out alive, and now they are still living (duh) with things to do and new bondings... so throughout the series you figure out what happens during those 52 hours and how it affects all their lives and whatever. It could turn out to be really awesome.

Right now on Tuesdays, House is taking a break, with new episodes coming at the end of October. Other than that, Tuesdays are pretty free. Usually on Tuesdays, I watch stuff I taped that I couldn't watch before. I think The Nine was on yesterday as an encore presentation kinda thing. So I think I'll continue watching House when it comes back.

Lost is Lost. I will watch that for sure.

I saw an episode of Standoff, taped a few, but couldn't be bothered to watch them. Gina Torres from Firefly is in it, but not as a really main character. So it was okay the time I watched it - it's a "negotiator" type show. I like negotiators. But I couldn't be bothered to watch more episodes, so I'll skip this one.

Saw an ep of Vanished. Pretend it's CSI, but instead of 2 cases per episode, it's 1 case per season. Could be interesting, but I just couldn't spend time to watch more.

Taped 2 episodes of Kidnapped, haven't seen them yet. I have to make time to watch it, then I'll worry whether or not to watch it more.

Saw first episode of Smith. Remember Heist? I liked Heist, but then it got cancelled. Smith has a good cast of characters, and it has some cool stuff, but I haven't seen an episode since. I don't even know when it comes on anymore. I don't think I'll watch more.

BSG is BSG. Same as Lost, 2 seasons down, both have good story that follow through the episodes, so I will continue watching it. Plus, it's Saturday nights, so it's hardly competing with any other TV shows.

I really, really like Criminal Minds. It shares the time slot with Lost, so I usually tape Criminal Minds (or both) and watch it on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I really like it - it's like CSI (which is not a bad thing), but rather than forensics, it deals with psychology. It follows a group from the BAU, the Behavioural Analyst Unit, who have to study crimes and psychopaths and stuff. It's interesting, and the cast is pretty good too.

Shark... Thursdays at 10, after CSI. I've seen 1 ep, taped 1 ep. It's probably a good show, just haven't seen more yet. I'll probably watch a few more eps, although I missed a few already. I think like CSI's and House, most of the episodes are pretty self-contained.

For some reason, I still watch ALL the CSI's. Mostly CSI Miami - it's so pretty, and the cast is quite cool too. I also like CSI: New York's cast, with Gary Sinese, and the new girl, Anna Belknap, she's pretty cute too. I watch Miami because of the interaction between the characters, I watch New York because of Gary Sinese and the characters, and... the original, because of tradition.

It's interesting... I don't really care anymore about who did it, or whose fingerprint that is... nor do I really care that it's possible to do this and this if you mix these two things together... but instead, sometimes I watch CSI because... CSI is like an experiment now. We all know CSI's can get pretty stale pretty quickly, so I'm watching to see how they're changing it up. The first few episodes of CSI (original) were pretty interesting this season because they were trying new things.

Also, the CSI's are a family kinda thing too. We usually gather around the TV together when CSI comes on, and we watch it as a family. Well, sorta - most of the time my dad and my mom fall asleep, but the tradition still stands. It's like a big family event... the show starts, and then Horatio looks at the camera, says his one-liner, and then the intro comes on DAAAAAA--- DUN DUN... DAAAAA... Dun dun dun d...... du du du du du du du... 'won't be fooled again...'

(and then I sing along with the music)

So I think I will watch:
Monday: CSI Miami for sure, Heroes Maybe
Tuesday: Watch taped Criminal Minds, watch House
Wednesday: Watch Lost, watch CSI New York
Thursday: Watch taped The Nin9, watch CSI original
Friday: Nothing, or something taped*
Saturday: Battlestar Galactica
Sunday: Well... Simpsons, Family Guy

* On Friday, there's Close to Home, which I used to watch when it was on... Tuesday, I think. Jennifer Finnigan, the main star, she's cute =) and the cases are at least mildly interesting. But nowadays, Friday nights are pretty busy with other fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home