Sunday, October 02, 2005

but I want to watch serenity now!

Song of the day: Final Fantasy VII – Advent Children – One Winged Angel (8.6mb, 6 min)

So Friday night, Wen and Ambrose and I went to see Serenity, the movie sequel of the short-lived Firefly TV series.

The movie was quite excellent. First, a little background: I’ve seen only the Firefly pilot, the first episode, which is actually 2 episodes. The first episode introduced me to all the characters and the general theme of the series, which is the key to being able to enjoy the movie. I would recommend everyone to watch at least the first episode of Firefly before watching Serenity.

Anyway, Serenity was awesome. It probably was awesomer for veteran Firefly watchers, who saw the (short) series, and then had to wait this many years for the movie to come out. Maybe it’s kinda like growing up with Cloud Strife, and then having to wait 7 years to see the spectacular that is Cloud Strife to come back. So if you grew attached to the characters while seeing the series, you’d probably be more excited about the movie than I was. Anyway, I digress – I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, even though I only got to know the characters briefly, a few months ago.

The movie had a lot of drama, action, happy, sadness, and also a lot of humour; well, with so much black space out there, you’ve gotta have some humour or else you’ll die of loneliness and isolation. Or something to that effect. Anyway, the movie had its funny lines and moments, which added to the whole effect.

Additionally, we saw it on opening day, that is, we saw it with all the other huge Firefly fans, so that added to the effect – it was like a group of “like” people watching a movie everyone was interested in, so the additional cheering and clapping that would’ve otherwise been corny, added to the effect of seeing Serenity on the first day.

Anyway, Wen would probably have a better review of it eventually. He lent me firefly, so I’ll watch that over the next few days.

Oh yeah, if you haven’t noticed, I downloaded the FF7:AC Soundtrack. It’s pretty good, especially One Winged Angel. Enjoy it. I’ll probably put up a couple more tracks over the next little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home