Thursday, March 30, 2006

Just thought of a question

I invented a question this morning.

If the PS3 is region free, and if the PS3 is backwards-compatible, then should Jason buy some Japanese games while he's there? Like Super Robot Wars or Namco x Capcom?

Probably not. PS3 is 2007, right? So that's at least 10 months from now, so... no, it's not a good idea. Also, just a second ago I went to check up some info to see if I'm correct, and I'm not sure if the PS3 is region free, or that PS3 games will be region free - which would make sense, I suppose. They both make sense... but whatever. I just invented the question this morning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, or if you're willing to shell out its rumoured 700$-some price!

-- Silph

11:55 PM  
Blogger Ambrose said...

From what I've read it seems like only the PS3's games will be region-free. The gist of the idea I believe is that the Blu-ray format has enough capacity for all the different encoding versions (PAL, NTSC, etc) of a game to be put on 1 disc (compared to having different regions currently).

So it may be "region free" on the software end, not the hardware end.

However, I believe that North America and Japan are in the same region with the Blu-ray format, heh.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home