Sunday, July 16, 2006

Stories for Vinh

I was just talking to Vinh about 20 minutes ago. I noticed he doesn't read books, or watch TV, or watch movies, or play games, or any of that stuff. So I asked him, "What kind of stories do you like?" And he didn't know.

So I was wondering, if I could get him to explore more stories, or, to watch more TV and play more games.

He plays puzzle games, and he plays magic. He watches Simpsons and, um, Family Guy with us. He plays the pokemon games on the GBA. He used to watch a bit of Pokemon.

So I'm thinking of getting him to watch something, and get him involved into a story, something he can immerse himself in. I don't think he knows whether he likes mystery, or adventure, or something with a lot of action.

He's 14, so I dunno if Firefly or BSG or Lost are age appropriate yet... maybe some simple animes, or some interesting story books... ooh, maybe choose your own adventures? That would be good... and I was thinking of reliving some childhoodness, maybe through Transformers or Ninja Turtles... heh.

I'm starting to like this Choose your Own Adventure idea, or, in particular, the Fighting Fantasy books. I think it's time to diversify stuff for Vinh.

Also, maybe a computer game with some story for Vinh would be good too. Maybe some games for the GBA... hmm..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home