Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Magic: Card of the Week: Scarland Thrinax

Okay, I haven't been using this side of the blog for a while, ever since those two guys stopped using my tutorial... so anyway, we're back in full swing with magic now, so maybe I'll write an article once a week, or twice a week, about various parts of the game, or things that I have on my mind. We can discuss stuffs too. So... here is my first Magic article here... I have 3 or 4 articles planned so far, and then maybe I'll spend some time telling you my favourite cards and why they are my favourites...

Card of the Week: Scarland Thrinax



Best friend: Sprouting Thrinax.

Recently made a deck with it, very nice. At first glance, Scarland Thrinax just looks like a 3-to-cast 2/2 that has a flexible Devour mechanic. It Devours only for 1, which is kinda small. In practice, a Gluttenous Ooze never ends up growing past 4/4, so is this any better than that? It also bears resemblance to the Nantuko Husk, an important sacrifice outlet. So... this card seems kinda meh.

But after playing with it, it's actually really amazing. Below are a few reasons why this is Card of the Week. I wrote out some explanations for each, but then I erased them, in case you guys want to figure them out for yourselves...

//////////////////

Very good Hissing Iguanar enabler.

AMAZING against Lifelink.

Avoids Control Magic.

Grows pretty big pretty fast, especially with help from Best friend Sprouting Thrinax.

There are plenty of smaller other reasons why this card gets "Card of the Week". Tune in again in a few days when I post another article, about how sometimes Lifelink is better than Doublestrike, and then again next week when I find a different Card of the Week.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, any card that works against lifelink is a friend of mine :-)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home